Monday, July 20, 2009

How's the inside?

Man, does it smell in here!  All this has to go... custom battery box, blue shag, wood panelling and pink fibreglass!

Oh joy... dead mouse... I could have thrown up, but instead I tried to be as careful as possible as I stripped out the interior.  My advice for anyone doing this kind of stuff, and find the remains of mice... educate yourself on Hanta Virus, and how to protect yourself from it's deadly effects.  Mice aren't just "dirty", some are deadly. :(

Starting from the top, the condition of my caved-in roof.  The sunroof does not fit the contour of the roof, and leaks quite badly.  Not even sure about the vent, and why it's there... except that the van is so fumey and heat radiates from the doghouse... still, I hate it!

On the floor, only two rust spots in the rear corners so far...  Quite the surprising choice for carpet underlay ;)  Rear floor looked really good!

Walls showed lots of dents, not much different from the roof... will take a lot of effort to straighten that out!



Unfortunately, the front floor (like many other Econolines apparently) looks pretty rotten.

I want to be able to drive this very soon, so going to work on some quick fixes... some parts swapping with my donor 64... hopefully I will be able to drive the van soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment